Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 10 months ago

My boyfriend’s best friend (who’s a girl) tried to kiss him and also sent him nudes prior to that. Please help, idk what to do!?

My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship. (Two different countries, very far from each other) He had told me about his best friend who is a girl, who he basically grew up with as a kid. I’ve talked to her through text a couple of times and she knows very well that he is in a serious relationship with me. She recently confessed to him that she loved him and wants to get together with him. My boyfriend then went of to tell her that he loved me and they should stay as friends, but she got mad and they ended up not talking to him at all. She then proceeded to send my boyfriend nudes to “lure him in” when he has made it clear that he doesn’t want to be with her. They kept ignoring each other for a few days but out of no where she tried to KISS my boyfriend. He turned his head to the side and pushed away. I feel so insecure just knowing that she’s right there around him and I’m thousands of miles away. I know he loves me a lot but I honestly don’t know what to do in this situation. Do I text her about it which will probably make her do worse things with him in order to pursue him, or do I just trust my boyfriend and do nothing? I do trust him, I really do but I don’t trust her. I don’t want to be the type of girlfriend to tell him who and who not to be friends with. I’m really lost. Any input on this would help, thanks!

Favorite Answer

I will be blunt here and tell you what you are afraid to tell yourself here-

You don't trust him, you don't trust that he won't end up cheating on you, the problem is you don't have the stones to admit it to yourself, sorry but this needs to be said! It doesn't matter what she does, if you did in fact trust him, then you would know without any doubts he isn't into her and won't cheat on you, either with her or the next girl that comes along.

He isn't into her at all! First off he told you right away she's interested in him, he didn't try to deny the fact or hide it, that to me tells me he's not being secretive here. Secondly, when she tried to kiss him, he blocked her right away and told her he has a girlfriend, again, if he were into her, he would have kissed her and probably more, all the while keeping it from you.

You telling her to back off accomplishes NOTHING! She knows he has a girlfriend, and that hasn't stopped her one bit, if anything, she will see you threatning her as a challenge, and she will step up her game to get him into her bed, which is the polar opposite of what you want.

You confronting your boyfriend does nothing either! He knows that you are aware of the situation, you would just be pissing on an open fire by further pushing this, he will see you are clingy, immature and needy, and it will drive him away from you... again the last thing you want.

You have two choices here- 1) Put your big girl panties on here and decide to trust him and quit whining about this other girl OR 2) Own up to the fact you don't trust him, and break up with him.

Balls in your court here.

stop being so paranoid. you have a boyfriend is all. that means you engage in casual sex..and are not a lady. you have had other boyfriends and probably sent these guys, and others nudes. you don't take sex an d sexual relationships or your virtue and future prospects with a gentlemen or man of higher rank seriously so you have no right to be angry. also, and this goes for everyone..you have no control over the actions of others..including your lovers friends.

Your bf never sees you. There is no "serious relationship" here.

Your bf thinks it's fine to have a female best friend who hits on him and he also thinks it's fine to wind you up by telling you about it.

NO you don't text her about this. She is a single woman and she is free to hit on whomever she wants.

You have to decide whether you want a pseudo-bf who thinks all of this is fine. Apparently you do or you wouldn't be bothering with him. You picked him, cupcake. Now you get what you get or you dump him.

• Bernd

Any input? Until the two of you have rings on your fingers the accountability factor is very low. You know the phrase, “all is fair in love and war” ?

• Hypnos

In this situation you have every right to put in your 2 cents, what she's doing is not okay, you have allowed this behaviour long enough, now you need to tell him how you feel. Ultimately only he can make the final call but just make it clear to him that you are not okay with it, knowing that some girl is constantly pursuing him makes you uncomfortable and you are aware they have been friends for a long time but if he were in the same situation would he be okay with it? Give him something to think about, at the end of the day he will choose what's more important to him and you will know where his loyalty lies.

Sorry but you don't stand a chance. Your "boyfriend" actually sees her all the time and never ever sees you. Don't know what you thought would have happened.... "Break up"