How do I stand up to my family?

My so-called family always keeps getting in my way, treating me like I have nothing better to do instead of understanding that I do have things better to do (like tell my crush that I really like him). I can't take it anymore. How do I make them leave me alone and let me do what I want?

Keep in mind, I'm unemployed and can't move out.

And I'm over 18.

Anything within reason.

• Foofa
    1 year ago

Depends on factors like how old you are and what other things they're asking you to you. If it's homework, a job or chores distracting you from spending hours planning what to say to your "crush", then they're correct to instill better priorities in you (because that's their job).

• 1 year ago

Genocide.

• Give me a call and I'll stand up for you. You don't have to put up with negativity, and maybe there needs to be a certain hero who teaches them that lesson....

• 1 year ago

based on your other posts, I'm guessing you are in your 20's and not going to school.

So WHY!!!!!!!! are you not working.

Time to grow up. If you want respect, then you need to earn it and it starts with respecting yourself.

• 1 year ago

You don't get to do what you want until you become an adult living on your own. Even then, it doesn't always happen. It's called life!

1 year ago

By moving out and paying your own way in life.

With adult freedom comes adult responsibility.