I used to hear this phrase in cartoons all the time "When there is a will, there is a way." Is this biblically true?

I know I want to help others

But I have no idea how I would do it

I have ideas - none of them seem realistic

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

In Deuteronomy Moses spoke to the Israel and explained what would happen if and when they turned from God. There would be redemption if they had the desire to seek God with all their hearts.

Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Our God is a mighty God. When we find ourselves worried about the future or questioning ourselves, that is a good time to pray and study scripture. Keeping this in your life will be a filter and a compass for you.

Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Source(s): www.bible.com
  • 1 year ago

I would say that is true IF the will is also God's will. Fortunately for you, Jesus gave us some specific ways we can help others.

Mat 25:35  For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36  I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 

In America, even the very poor are overweight, and no one goes without clothes or water. However, the USA has ten times the incarceration rate of the rest of the world. If your church doesn't have a prison ministry program, go online, find a prison near you, contact them, asking for the chaplain, and tell him or her that you would like to be involved in prison ministry so that you can visit prisoners per Jesus' command in Mt 25:36. Also go to a hospital and volunteer there. Pray for God's help and guidance. When your will coincides with God's will, God himself will find a way for you.

• 1 year ago

Because it is not even realistic.

• Lydia
    1 year ago

You can help others by sniffing fish.

• There is a way, but you need o find out which it is

• 1 year ago

Guess you don't want to own your own home, prefer renting.