Do male cats really kill their kittens?

A stray cat has given birth to three kittens in our yard. Today I noticed that one of them is lost! Last night I heard some noise from our yard, as if two cats screamed and argued with each other and today, I couldn't find one of the kittens anywhere.It was not old enough to climb the trees and was not able... show more A stray cat has given birth to three kittens in our yard. Today I noticed that one of them is lost!
Last night I heard some noise from our yard, as if two cats screamed and argued with each other and today, I couldn't find one of the kittens anywhere.It was not old enough to climb the trees and was not able to jump over the walls and leave our yard. I am not sure but It seems that the kittens are about 5-7 weeks old.Could it be possible that the male cat has attacked and eaten his kitten during the night ? Thanks