Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 year ago

Is eating nothing but yogurt for 3 months healthy?

When I was 22 I went on my own diet. I ate only 3 to 6 cups of yogurt a day for 3 months result I lost 70 pounds. I also exercised everyday. I have high blood pressure and after that diet my blood pressure went to normal. Yes I went to the doctor 2 to 3 times a month during this and i was healthier than i been. My doctor did say much when i told him about my diet. He said well what ever you are doing its working

My sister said I was commiting suicide with th his diet and its unhealthy. Beside the fact my sister throws up her food to prevent adding on weight I just want to know if my diet was unhealthy.

• KJC
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, I'm not going to say it was a horrible idea if the doctor thought you were fine. Did the doctor do a full blood panel and check all of your levels? Your blood pressure could have gotten better from the exercise, too. So the cause and effect could be a little muddy. Do what works for you and keeps you healthy. It's nice to talk to others about what they do but that doesn't mean it will work for you, and in case of your sister, that is clearly a poor source for dieting advice.

1 year ago

Absolutely not.

Far from a balanced diet.

1 year ago

Add in some fruits and veggies in there. It can't hurt.

• Eva
    1 year ago

Your calorie count was horrendously low. It usually leads to a metabolism issue going forward, making it easy for you to gain the weight back. Safe and sane weight loss averages about 2 lbs. per week.

• 1 year ago

No. Way too much sugar, probably not enough protein unless you eat buckets of it, no essential fatty acids, and no fiber to speak of.

1 year ago

Yeah that's pretty unhealthy. Not only did you starve yourself but you ate the same food so you didn't get a variety of nutrients. But that was in the past. No use fretting over it now. Just don't do it again.

• 1 year ago

It is healthy. for that time, you basically went on a keto diet.

• kelvin
      1 year agoReport

no that was a starvation diet which is way worse

• kelvin
    1 year ago

your doctor is an idiot and should be fired for even saying that and i am beyond amazed that you never ended up in a hospital and i don't believe that after doing that your blood pressure went back to normal, now don't get me wrong i am happy you lost all of that weight but what you did was really really dangerous and very unhealthy for your body

1 year ago

Did you gain the weight back? If you survived the diet, it wasn't too unhealthy, but if you gained the weight back, then it was a bad diet.

1 year ago

I went from 250 to 180