My hair is falling out and I don't know why.?

Hello. I am a 20 year old female and my hair has gradually been thinning over the past six months and I don't know why. I think it may be hormonal and am debating on whether or not to get my hormone levels checked. I went to the dermatologist and he said it was one of three things, hormonal, stress, or... show more Hello. I am a 20 year old female and my hair has gradually been thinning over the past six months and I don't know why. I think it may be hormonal and am debating on whether or not to get my hormone levels checked. I went to the dermatologist and he said it was one of three things, hormonal, stress, or genetics. I have been noticeably more emotional these past months (crying over stupid videos soldiers reunited with their families, cute animals etc.). These things would not have made me cry like this like a year ago. My periods have also been super painful and irregular. Could this be a sign that it is in fact hormones and should I get it tested? I don't want to unless necessary because the test is kind of intrusive.
4 answers 4