Dybala asked in SportsRunning · 2 years ago

How to get faster and more stamina.?

I have 4 months to train for two tryouts for football⚽️ In two weeks in a row( A football club and my high school team) I don’t want to get tired easily since I’ll be doing a whole 2 week of none stop running. I can run 7 minutes a mile so am average I guess, but I want 5 minutes. How many miles should I run everyday and how to build stamina.

Every day is good because the body does not recover every day

If you do every day, it is better to divide the muscles you use a little on high pace day and low pace day

• Julien

You mean your only objective is to improve your time when running a mile? (not more than one mile nor less, and not a specific football training)

Then you would typically want to cut your training into something roughly like this:

Part 1: on the first two months or so, you only do interval training. You start by peaks around 80% Maximal Aerobic Speed (MAS), without trying to precisely determine what your MAS is, then on month 2 you try to measure your MAS precisely and spend month 2 running very close to 100% MAS during half of the training sessions (not everyday).

Part 2: you introduce some specific 1500m/Mile training, getting used to your pace. During the first half of month 4 you should do only specific training, no more interval training. Then during the second half of month 4 you train very lightly and focus on recovery (tapering).

Those are the main lines, but you can look for advise of an athletics coach/club close to your place to have a more detailed plan.