Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 year ago

Can I get a restraining order against my minor child?

Like the kid is annoying and has bitten me a lot so I don't want him?

• Rogue
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

If my kid kept biting me, I would put an electronic dog collar on kid, and when the kid decides to try and bite me I would give it an electric charge. Might not be legal, but lots of fun.

• 1 year ago

There's a big difference between a newborn and a 20 year old.

Both of them are minors, but are worlds apart in terms of maturity and capability.

Specify how old your minor child is.

• Mr.357
    1 year ago

I don't think so. Put the little ^&*()_ up for adoption or vote for people that support abortion up until the kid is 14 years old.

• `
    1 year ago

Maybe a little discipline is in order.

• Yeti
    1 year ago

That's generally not going to happen. If you have problems with your child there are other options, like putting your child up for adoption.

• Mark
    1 year ago

So send him back to Amazon if you don't like him, troll.

• 1 year ago

Not really, there is a duty of care there. If you or they are in physical danger from some kind of mental health issue I suppose you could have them committed.

Update: Being bitten once is not an indication of a mental health issue, if it happens over and over again despite attempts at behavior correction then it may be. It's not black and white. If it is a real issue talk to a child welfare agent or psychologist.

• .
    1 year ago

Yes. But if your child lives with you, it's unlikely to be an available option.

• 1 year ago

A restraining order against your own child?!

No. You can't. Children can't be affected by Restraining Orders.

Hell of an easy way to get them taken into foster care though.

• 1 year ago

No. If you are responsible for you child, then you can't get a restraining order saying your child can't come near you. How are you going to care for your child if you can't come within 100 yds? If you hate your child that much, then the way to stay away is to turn your child over to foster care.