Quran s Paradise:Earthly or heavenly?

Quran, not Hadiths, mentions paradise as Garden with fruits and stream. (eg. Surah 2:5). Quran also says men in paradise will have multiple "houris" (virgin wives)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

This is something I was actually thinking about on my third read through of the Quran. There's really no reference to paradise being in heaven, but rather earthly things like rivers, gardens, trees, fruit, clothing, cups. I think it's describing an earthly post-Resurrection Paradise. Otherwise what's even the point of resurrection? Going in our physical bodies just to become ghosts in heaven?

This is similar to the original idea of the Kingdom of God which was believed in Jesus times. The Kingdom was to take place on earth, and it was to be ruled by God directly, no governments or inequality of powers. It would be a prosperous utopian-like society. But this got turned into "heaven" as the idea evolved later on, which in my opinion, contradicts the point of a resurrection day.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Salam,

As per Islam, men will be married to hoor al ayn according to their good deeds, some will have more than others, and they will also be married to their wives of this world if they died and stayed married together and are both believers. The women of this world are superior to the hoor al ay n the Prophet (s) mentioned in one hadith.

As per the question, paradise as per Islam will contain every enjoyment this life has, but the Prophet (s) mentioned that paradise will contain many more enjoyments we know nothing about. As men naturally desire women in this world, Allah will give them that as a reward in paradise, whereas women naturally desire only their husband, they will be given what they desire in paradise.

That means, if women desired to have more than one husband in paradise, Allah would give them that, but they will not desire that. There is also no jealousy in the hereafter, hence complaining about such and such about paradise in this life makes no sense, since using jealousy which only exists in this world to disregard certain things in paradise isn't really being reasonable in terms of how we Muslims view this.

For example, the first thing Muslims will eat in paradise is fish liver according to one hadith. Now, I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound tasty to me, however, we Muslims understand the way we see things in this life and the way we will see things in the hereafter will be completely different, everything in paradise is good, the fish liver will be more tasty in the hereafter than anything in this life, and the fish liver of this live and the hereafter are only similar in name alone and nothing else.

Hence, if Allah says "you will have whatever you desire" in paradise, then this is enough for us Muslims, and our women don't care about the hoor al ayn as they understand that jealousy is a trial in this life and doesn't exist in paradise, where they will also get whatever they want. If they desire their husband not to have hoor al ayn, then Allah will make that happen, but they will not desire that.

wa salam.

• Victor B
      Lv 4
      10 months agoReport

Believe it or not--shark liver in coconut milk is delicacy in my home town. You should taste it to believe.

• Listen, freshwater fish, earthly paradise was for a time, then, Adam and Eve destroyed it, while the true heavenly paradise is eternal, out there will always be the presence of God.

The Koran is outside Christian doctrine, because in paradise you are asexual, there will be no presumed virgins, because you are like angels.

Mark 12:18-27.

18 Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 19 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother. 20 Now there were seven brothers. The first one married and died without leaving any children. 21 The second one married the widow, but he also died, leaving no child. It was the same with the third. 22 In fact, none of the seven left any children. Last of all, the woman died too. 23 At the resurrection whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?” 24 Jesus replied, “Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God? 25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 26 Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the account of the burning bush, how God said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!”

So, the Koran tricked you? Be careful, or you will lose eternal life.

• Pyrus
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

It is earthly indeed. Very materialistic. Not only that though, I've even heard Muslims say (I still remember this one woman say it): "You know what? The Heaven described in Quran is very materialistic. It's all about wealth and rivers of honey and men with 40 virgins in one verse, and 70 virgins in the other." And of course, I can't help but agree with what she had said. I mean, this paradise is clearly about men more than about women. And what about women?? What's their share when they go to heaven? Also, if marriage is no longer required when we enter heaven, when hunger and thirst will be a thing of the past, then why state rivers of virgins? Why state rivers of honey? It's one of the things I truly did not understand in the Quran. It's just so different in description. The one in the Bible is spiritual, yet the one in Quran is materialistic. It just makes no sense!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

koran should be avoided..islam is a cult

READ THE BIBLE AND PRAY TO JESUS WHO IS THE TRUE KING!!!

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

So, this basically isn't a question at all. Guess what's about to happen?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.