Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 year ago

Why doesn't the far right learn to code?

if the far right doesn't like twitter and google censoring their voices, why don't they just learn to code and create their own platforms?

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

First of all not everyone wants to write code. Because writing code does turn off people. Making a new platform is out of the question, for people who don't know anything about coding, or very little about it.

I don't know how you would feel about coming with me to a book store, and watching me grab books, and then stacking them up, so it becomes taller than you. I wouldn't be surprised if you said no to me, or I don't want to read all of the books you chose. Apart from reading books, there is a lot of online reading to do.

Well there is a price to pay to be able to make professional websites.

I know Twitter, and Google can't censor whatever I say. Because like I said above there is a price to pay, and I already paid that price.

They need to move closer to the keyboard :P

It is hard for them.

• 1 year ago

First, there is no such thing as "far right".

Second, what makes you think we don't know how to code?

Third, why in the wide woolly world would anyone want ANOTHER facebook???

• Kelvin12 months agoReport

Bravo.

• 1 year ago

I don't know about the far right, but there are conservative programmers. We might ask the same for conservative media, we have a few outlets but not nearly as many as liberals. If anything, the last two years will hopefully spur more conservatives into those mediums. I am certainly hearing more conservative voices than I did just a couple of years ago.

• SBR32277
      1 year agoReport

@nuna967, I am also a conservative who knows and uses programming skills for my own personal projects, but I do think it is a good question as to why more conservatives have not given us counter platforms where we have more options when liberal platforms want to silence us and demonetize our videos.

• TNO
    1 year ago

Well, competing platforms have seen some interference on that point. Gab was harassed and saw a lot of vital services withdrawn or threats of such things, which most people attributed to their stronger stance on being a free speech platform. It's not simply that they don't know how to code: It's that there are bullies who can inhibit their progress if they want to.

Now, I'm saying this more so on the right's behalf. I don't care about the far-right, though I don't have problems with them having a voice out there as well. I encourage that, not only since my American values sees it as their right but also I like to bring light to problematic issues when they exist. Censoring them can strengthen them, at least, and I believe horrible ideas need to be discussed to truly be shut down. The right isn't that horrible, though censoring of them is still seen nonetheless.

• 1 year ago

So you are saying if we dont like censorship we should start our own facebook or Twitter?

You sound like a fvcking Nazi.

• 1 year ago

Assuming such only highlights the ignorance therein. LOL

• 1 year ago

Have you seen the disaster that is Conservapedia?