Do you think couples who post pics of themselves every day on social media are really as happy as they seem or are they covering up or?

My classmate from elementary-high school is very wealthy now and she and her husband have a huge home and she nvr misses and opportunity to post her big home and pics of her 2 daughters, out buying them expensive things, on vacations almost every wkend and non stop pics of she and her succesful husband. Its almost sickening. She brags about the life they live and it looks like they are living the good life. She has a personal trainer, she and her husband attend top notch parties. Do you think ppl who post vids and pics like this are really happy or are they just showing off or could they really not be that happy. I'm married but legally separated. I am happy though that I'm no longer in that marriage, being a homeowner of a nice 4 bedrom house meant nothing to me if I was being abused. My 3 yr old son makes me happy enough and the thought of starting my (our) life over.

• Foofa

I think there are very few "couples" who do this. In your case it sounds like it's just the wife doing it. But insecure people do use social media to try to make themselves look better than they are. So I wouldn't take anything you see on social media too seriously.

When you are happy in life you tend to want to share it with others. When you aren't, you don't want anyone to see your unhappiness. While possible, I doubt she is posting these pictures to incite envy. I think that is why it is so common for parents to post pics about their kids, because they bring the most joy in their lives.

i m wealthy and in a very happy marriage - i don't post pictures of myself or the stuff my husband buys for me - i don't like other people envy to jinx my luck. but if u re asking whether wealthy people can be happy and NOT live in abusive marriage - yes they can