How much weight is it possible to lose if you cut out soda for 3 wks for a woman who is 33 yrs old, 5 ft 3, 215 lbs? No smart remarks pls?

My metabolism quickly changed as soon as I hit 30 and I had my first born and only child 6 days after my 30th birthday. I had a c section so it left a pooch of numb fat at the bottom of my stomach on top of that I started to gain a lot of weight in my arms n shoulder area and I always had skinny arms n shoulders and I always thought it made my head look big as a teenager not knowing one day I'd regret having bigger arms n shoulders from weight gain. For the past 3 yrs since I hit my 30s I can not lose weight like I want. My husband fat bashed me to know end 1 yr after having our son and said I needed to get my extra fat from my csection removed , but he still wanted more children so i couldn't have the procedure to remove it only for it to come back if we had more kids. We're divorced now and I find a reason to drink a soda every day. I was 150 in 2010 and stopped drinking them and worked out for an hr every day for 4 months n lost 30 lbs. I'm 215 now and have been since my obgyn told me that's the lb I needed to be to have my baby. Shouldn't hve listened cuz 3 yrs l8r I'm the same weight. Last year I went 2 wks with no soda, had already changed my eating habits and was walking 1 mile every day, Iost no weight and was so upset n went back to sodas. My metabolism is even slower than it was in my 20s. I'm bck working out at the gym everyday, drinking a detox fruit infusion water every day,clean eating, but can't put the soda down in fear I won't see results again like last yr.

• That's way too crazy a question. I'll just stick to soda and what I think you said was you just drink one can a day? If that's the case - and let's use Coca-Cola because with all that info, you didn't say what it was...

One can Coca-Cola = 140 calories

One pound of weight = 3500 calories

3500 divided by 140 = 25 - that means if you change absolutely nothing else at all except cutting out your one Coke a day, you will lose one pound every 25 days.

• 1 year ago

Depends on your overall calorie count, exercise level, and not replacing the soda sugar calories with other calories. Eliminating the soda is good for you, even if you all you lose in the 3 weeks is water weight.

• Liar
    1 year ago

So you want stupid remarks...?

Anyway, you have too much information going on there. The answer is simply that you'll lose weight only if your calories burned exceeds the calories you consume. Obviously soda is empty calories and sugar, but if you replace it with another calorie source then nothing's going to change.

But obviously the more important thing is that soda is garbage. In a better world, it would be illegal. Not drinking it will only have a positive impact on your overall health.