What is the process of a commercial building project?

I am building a 30,000sqft modern gym and spa but have no clue where to begin. Who draws the floor plan and who builds the building? Does the construction company manage the project? Do I need to hire an interior designer? What are the steps to build such a building?

• Judy
    1 year ago

Uh, 'I am building....' not likely.

• Stoo
    1 year ago

It sounds like you have zero knowledge of basic construction here - even manual laborers would know more than you let on. Start there - go to school in the skilled trades and start work on a construction project to see how all the pieces go together. Through experience you'll see how many people from various domains work together to make it go. Then you'll have a better idea what's required, how many people are needed, how much money this will cost, etc.

Why you'd want to build a whole facility without having any clue on the process is beyond me - you can always hire people to do the work for you (if you have the money) but going in completely clueless about the process is a great way to find a contractor who will screw you out of every dime you have and not get the project done. Knowledge is your best friend here.

1 year ago

Sounds like you have no business building.

• 1 year ago

Wow. If you don't know the answers to those questions, there's no way you can get such a building built.

Yes, you need an architect to draw up plans, and you need to submit such plans to your local zoning department, which must then approve such plans before you can put one shovel into the ground.

The depth of your ignorance cannot be corrected here. You need to to learn a LOT about this topic before you burn up a pile of money.