Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 12 months ago

Who is upset that G O O G L E has been disinvited from the San Francisco Gay Pride Parade because YOUTUBE won't deplatform Steven Crowder?

Favorite Answer

I dunno who Steven Crowder is, but there in no way any SF lib will go more than 5 minutes without using a google product.

Not me. I do not know who Steven Crowder is and don't care. I do not care if there is a gay pride march or not and even less about who is invited.

I object in principle to 'de-platforming' anyone. This is the act of those who have run out of arguments or do not have a defensible case. We do not change opinions by shying away from engaging with them. If someone says something wrong or untrue, engage with them, argue with them, debate with them and defeat them by well reasoned arguments. Like blocking people on Yahoo Answers, deplatforming is a sign of weakness and failure. Lies (if that is what they are) will not be disproven by trying to bury them.

If it is OK to have a platform supporting certain sexual and social rights, surely it is OK to have platform for a differing view. Do we, regardless of race or sexuality, want equality or don't we? We can't have it both ways

Not me.

I cannot see how anyone would care if one corporation didn't show up for FREAKS ON PARADE.

After pandering to the gay community all year long GOOGLE will probably welcome the break too.