Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 12 months ago

18 years old and experiencing hallucinations?

Can an 18 year old with schizophrenia get hallucinations or is 18 years old too young to experience hallucinations?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Having hallucinations doesn’t necessarily indicate “schizophrenia”. Other conditions can cause this. Google. In my experience it’s VERY bad to start diagnosing yourself with mental health conditions because then some stupid as$ incompetent psychiatrist may put you on drugs which will really mess you up. These greedy, criminal shrinks with their lobotomy pills are beholden to ‘Pig’ Pharma. Years ago, I stupidly diagnosed myself as bipolar, asked to go on lithium carbonate. Biggest mistake I EVER made. Some as$hole older (watch out for the old ones!) shrink put me on it and that drug destroyed me. NOT kidding. Since there are no blood tests for these conditions a psychiatrist who doesn’t give a f*k will sometimes just take your word for it, give you lobotomy pills which will F*k You Up. Don’t end up like me. And good luck trying to sue a psychiatrist! Do yourself a favor, check out Dr. Peter Breggin’s website/YouTube videos. He’s a PSYCHIATRIST who’s anti-psych drugs and tells why.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 12 months ago

Lack of sleep can cause that so if you're not sure maybe go to a mental health center to get diagnosed just to find out what the cause is.

• 12 months ago

See a Therapist

• 12 months ago

Go to the doctor or contact a mental health charity and talk to them over the phone. They'll ask you to describe your experiences/symptoms and will be able to help and point you in the right direction.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

Yes it is possible

• 12 months ago

Go to the doctors they can prescribe antipsychotics to help

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Don't waste your time listening to these dopes. Go to a counselor, see what he says.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      12 months agoReport

Hallucinating schizophrenics need far more than a mere "counselor". A "counselor" could be anything, just a social worker or someone with a master's in counseling or psychology. Schizophrenia is beyond even a highly-trained psychologist with a PhD. It requires treatment by a psychiatrist, an MD.

• Raja
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Hallucinations are caused by spirits. To control those spirits you must control your mind.

Human beings are ruled by spirits but humans must learn to control and rule the spirits. Spirits possess people according to the mental state of the human beings and keep them in the same state until they are rejected and replaced by another. This is an all time phenomena occurring in all humans. Human beings are always under the influence of spirits. Certain situations and circumstances causes the possession of certain type of spirits. Often thinking and talking about bad subjects or bad imaginations even for fun can take serious turns on one who think and talk. Often thinking and talking about good subjects with good imaginations can create positive effects in your life. Your favorable thoughts and beliefs can bring favorable spirits by your side. The more you think the more would be the possession of that spirit. All spirits (good and bad) have the dominating character. They can take you to the extent of sacrifice or suicide.

All of your activities, talks and even thoughts determine what kind of spirits you will have for your life. Only these spirits are the reason for the good and bad happening in your life. Generally spirits determine your destiny from your daily activities, talks and thoughts too. Spirits are separate elements. A human being is not a single spirit. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. A human being during his/her life time is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

You must not leave your mind in it's own way. If you do, the spirit will take your mind for it's own, then controlling it is not so easy. First of all you must think and believe that it's not you. Then you must command that spirit both mentally and orally to go. Whenever you are possessed by hallucinations you must divert your mind at once towards some other subject and stay in it for a while and then continue your duty. The more you listen the more would be the possession of the hallucinations. You must control your mind.

• Alfred
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

yes, it's possible/ likely

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

That's the exact age my old roommate started getting his. They have medication now that will eliminate them permanently

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.