Bob
Lv 7
Bob asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

Did Alabama pass a law that requires some sex offenders to undergo chemical castration? Are the people in Alabama the most unsophisticated?

people in the US or does it go even lower than this? Do you think sex offenders should be castrated?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • xyzzy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Best Answer

Yes Alabama passed a chemical castration law in 2019. But it was not the first state to pass similar laws. Unlike surgical castration, where the gonads are removed through an incision in the body, chemical castration does not remove organs, nor is it a form of sterilization. Chemical castration is generally considered reversible when treatment is discontinued, although permanent effects in body chemistry can sometimes be seen, In 1996 California was the first U.S. state to specify the use of chemical castration for repeat child molesters as a condition of their parole, following the passage of a modification to Section 645 of the California penal code .This law stipulates castration for anyone convicted of child molestation with a minor under 13 years of age if they are on parole after their second offense. Offenders may not reject the intervention although they may elect surgical castration instead of ongoing DMPA injections.

The passage of this law led to similar laws in other states such as Florida's Statute Section 794.0235 which was passed into law in 1997. As in California, treatment is mandatory after a second offense.

At least seven other states, including Georgia, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, Oregon, Texas and Wisconsin, have experimented with chemical castration.[

• 6 months ago

Should the gay degenerates of today be castrated?

If no, why do you care what other people are turned on by?

Does not America always like to claim the government has no business in the nation's bedrooms?

Hypocrites.

• 6 months ago

I believe I read it was for sex crimes against anyone under 13. And yes I do.

• 6 months ago

If it actually prevented future sexual assaults, I would support it for second-time offenders on adults and anyone found guilty of sexually abusing a child. But, it doesn't prevent future assaults, because most rapes are about power and deviant behavior, not at all about sex.

• Bob
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Yes, I was thinking after being force to be chemically castrated wouldn't these people be extremely angry, totally F U'd mentally?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

That would be pointless. Unconstitutional.

• 6 months ago

Actually, it only reduces your sex drive. It doesn't actually castrate you.

I would have no problem with doing something like that, except it likely wouldn't work.

' Most research in the area puts sexual desire low on the list of reasons people assault children. The best predictor of sexual assault is not libido, research has shown, but “an early and persistent general propensity to act in an antisocial manner during childhood and adolescence.” '

• Bob
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Being a victim of abuse is another predictor of a sexual predator.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes, they did pass such a law. Yes, the citizens who back this kind of legislation are idiots. No, sex offesnders should not be castrated.

• Integration 20
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Why are there so many rape supporters and rape apologists on this forum? 😂 😘 👌 Lolz

• Satan
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

How do you castrate a female sex offender?

• Satan
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Chemical castration doesnt actually work on women. Appears I'm way ahead of you TO

• 6 months ago

If the victim is under the age of 13, you damned right.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.