POLLS: Is it bad to always think about money when it comes to spending time with someone?

I am 21 and he is 19 and we have been family friends since we were born.

But in the recent times I would ask him to hang out and hes like no I can't I am working. He never hangs out and I believe its because he knows he is going to spend money which is fine but he obviously doesn't say that.

I don't want to be mean cause I've known him for a long time but I don't want to associate myself with people who don't want to spend time or hangout because of money problems.

I found it disrespectful when he couldn't come to my birthday because he had work and I told him 3 weeks in adavance.

He came to our Christmas party cause his work isn't open on holidays and I gave him a present and he seemed surprised and embarrassed cause he never gave me one, not that I expected or wanted him too.

And I find it rude cause before when we were in high school I would ask him to hang out at the Pizza place and when he couldn't its because "his dad never gave him money", all I wanted is to spend time with him but money is always a problem.

Favorite Answer

You could have hosted the birthday party on another day.

It's clearly a thing that bothers you.