Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 months ago

Trump is trailing five Democratic candidates in 2020. Do you expect Bill Weld to become the Republican nominee in that case?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The conventional wisdom is that when a president is running for a second term, the election is about HIM, it's a referendum--keep him or get someone else--ANYBODY else. This is not a good thing for Trump, IMO.

But I don't see Trump OR the party allowing anyone to replace him. It would be an admission of failure. "Well, that guy was pretty awful, but look who else we can run!"

Besides, Weld is just the kind of guy the party DOESN'T want now. Reasonable, at least outwardly moderate, conciliatory rhetoric, an Old-Fashioned Republican. And he hasn't won an election in . . . 30 years? Wait, I think he won in 1992 or 94. That's almost 30 years. He got beat by John Kerry, fer crissake!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Tepee
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Surely you are joking.

• ricky
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Nope, he will not run.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Right now the only people campaigning are the Democrats. Trump is busy looking after the country and doing what is best for you and me. This time next year, well... I was gonna say I would put more faith in what the polls show but I won't . Sometimes asking a person in public who they are gonna vote for is like asking the kid with cookie crumbs on his chin if he got into the cookie jar -- they ain't entirely truthful.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • wowser
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

no I do not think Weld will be the candidate

• 7 months ago

nope.

Bobby Jindal called it after Obama won back in 2012. they're the "Party of Stupid".

• 7 months ago

No. All polls are wrong and skewed until two weeks before the election - then, to save face, the polls are much closer to right. Same old story forever. Pollsters call it "an amazing turnaround".

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

so you ACTUALLY BELIEVE that crap ???? boy, TRUMP will have an easy job !!!

TRUMP 2020 !!

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Not a chance of that. Trump and his worshipers think that he can magically beat the polls again even after the hammering they got in 2018.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.