Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

Is the Trinity Logically Biblical?

1- Is the word “trinity” found in the Bible?

Yes. Go to #2

No. Go to #3

2- No the word “trinity” is not found in the Bible. You were taught wrong.

Go to #3.

3- Jesus said that the Father is greater than he is and that the Father is his God. (John 14:28; 20:17). Do these scriptures say the three are united in one Godhead?

Yes. You mis-understood. But, go to #6. (continue next )

No. Go to # 4.

4- The holy spirit is God’s power that gave life to Job; it is in his nostril (Job 27:3). The holy spirit is also God’s power given to multiple disciples per Acts 2:1-4. Do you agree that per these two scriptures the holy spirit is NOT a person?

Yes. Go to #5.

No. Go to # 6

5- Stop believing in the trinity. This is NOT a Biblical teaching. Read more about this doctrine from this link. https://app.box.com/s/41uah4dntmj1396m88kh75ojuhj6...

6- So you want you to offer scriptures to support (back up) the trinity?

Yes. Go to # 7

No. Go to # 5.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

No, the trinity is not logical. How can it be when the Bible says 'Hear Israel Jehovah our God is one Jehovah' (Deuteronomy 6:4) It is not our God is one in three.

• 1 year ago

It isn'logical and it isn't scriptural.

• 1 year ago

I believe so. Just because the Bible does not include the word 'Trinity', does not mean it isn't inferred or that there was no concept of it during biblical times, or when the books of the Bible were authored. The Bible has no specific word for it, but teaches the concept of "karma", as "an eye for an eye", and "you reap what you sow" (also see, Matthew 7:2). Christ made many references to the Trinity without using the word, just as He implied that He is 'Divinity Incarnate', without saying it.

The concept of the Trinity is difficult for many people to understand, because in recent times, people have been programed to accept faith on secular grounds, out of which contradictions and inconsistencies arise, where believers are forced to defend the indefensible. You make very sound and well thought out arguments for worldly logic, but as believers, part of our faith is accepting that "Biblical Logic" is not founded upon, or subject to, "worldly logic". Atheists secularism does not grasp this concept, and assert "worldly logic", to control the debate.

I can accept worldly logic, and biblical logic, but we have to be clear on the parameters which they apply to. Neither need to be divided from or taken to be exclusive of one another, just not mistaken for the other, so to avoid contradictions and inconsistencies. To simplify this, a mutual standard for both categories to go by needs be introduced, that is inclusive of both, which I believe to be 'Divine Logic' (the 'Highest Logic' there is), and must be the source of "worldly and biblical" logic.

Using Divine Logic, the Trinity can be understood in a worldly and biblical sense, because Divinity is the 'Source' of both, and has given man the capability to receive it. Because, today, worldly logic is dominated by secular materialism, the facts about biblical and Divine Logic have been obscured. This has made describing faith based concepts like explaining how to "build a house from the top, down". Using worldly logic to explain biblical logic, to get to Divinity, is like mistaking the "mirror for the source of light it reflects".

What people often miss, is that the nonlinear realm is always results in and effects the linear realm, just as the 'emptiness of the sky' allows "clouds to pass freely. 'Silence and stillness' are the ever-present background that makes "sound and motion" detectable. It is out of 'intangible and formless' thought that ideas arise as "tangible form. All physical matter and energy is entirely made of nonphysical subatomic particles that never physically interact with each other. 'Context' is the field out of which the crops of "content" are sown and reaped.

'To exist' is fundamentally a nonlinear expression, as energy and matter cannot be created or destroyed, only made to change form, which implies that existence is 'eternal' and 'uncaused', without "beginning and end". The opening passages of the Book of Genesis do not explain the "origins of our existence", as the Presence of God signifies that existence, 'already exists'. What Genesis is describing is the "beginning of form", as The Lord "made the heavens and earth" from the 'formlessness' of "darkness and void", before saying, "Let there be light."

Because the human mind and intellect cannot comprehend or conceive of the 'Enormity of Divinity', God is reduced to the familiar sense of form the mental faculties understands, to gain some semblance of meaning. The limitation of the mind has no measure or comparison for the 'Magnitude of God', and tends to mistake the "symbols" for the things they're meant to represent, resulting in miscalculations and flawed conclusions. 'Stop signs' do not "cause" people to stop at intersections, or "penalize motorists" for not stopping. People pass through and stop at intersections without stop signs.

'The Trinity' is just a "symbol" for a symbol. God is expressed as the Trinity in the same way 'H2O' is still 'water', whether in the form of liquid, solid or vapor; or even all three at once, as in the "triple point" state. The "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit", are the 'different' (not "separate") aspects of the same 'Supreme Infinite Godhead', out of which all things arise. The Trinity signifies the Divine Attribute of 'Omnipresence', expressed as 'Creator', 'Created' and 'Creation', which are fundamental to all of existence.

How is it that deniers and skeptics of the Trinity can accept God, 'Eternally, as everything at once', but not capable of being "Three Persons"? Here is where secular materialism is inserted into the fabric of belief, as the linear paradigm is perceived to be the default of existence, over the nonlinear, which contradicts worldly and biblical logic. An 'Unlimited God' cannot be confined to the boundaries of a 'this' and 'that', 'here' and 'there', 'now' and 'then', yet even "believers" seem to think so.

Because The Lord is the 'Most Universal', trinities of all sorts can be found occurring naturally to our world. Everything at the subatomic level is made of "positive, negative, and neutral" particle charges. The core material elements consists of "water, earth and gases". We perceive finite time as "past, present and future" because the mind sees the progression of linear form passing from "beginning, middle and end". The human condition is a triune of "mind/body/spirit" experienced in the "third-dimensional" realm.

Since the ideas of "monism" and "dualism" imply one another and cancels out, "trinitarianism" serves as 'Cosmic Balance', so that one extreme does not completely dominate it's polar opposite, and contradict itself, in the world of form. The material eyes are "binary", and view "linear sequence", whereas the "third-eye" of 'spiritual vision', observes 'Nonlinear Emergence', beyond the superficial surface of appearances, where worldly logic ends. Worldly logic makes Divinity an, "anthropomorphic god" of the ego, that makes the God of the Bible, questionable.

Jesus said, "I and the Father are one". Skeptics and deniers of the Trinity use the quote, "The Father is greater than I", to discredit the Trinity by suggesting this means that God and Christ are individuals beings, apart from one another, which is does not. Through Divine Logic, we can interpret John 14:28 as, "ice admitting that H2O is more abundant as water". In John chapter 14, Jesus is preparing His disciples for His "departure", and is telling them not to cling to His "physical presence", which they weren't able to understand, at the time.

In John 14:11, Jesus says, "Believe I am in the Father, and the Father is in me; or at least believe in the works I am doing, themselves." Here, Jesus is giving us the 'three options' of 'Maker, Made and Making', as one, to place our faith in, understanding that we are not always fully operate by 'Divine Logic', as He does. The Trinity, being the 'Highest Form of God' we can conceive of, confirms and indicates the existence of the 'Presence of Divinity'. Not personally meeting with the Father, Son or Holy Spirit, does not suppose 'they aren't there'.

Christ is telling us, in so many words, that He is 'God Incarnate', but cannot do so directly without implying ego. Divinity does not have to address Himself as 'God', because Divinity is the default of existence, as all there ever is or could possibly be. When Moses asked, "Who shall I tell them sent me?", The Lord did not reply, "It is I, God!", but responded with, "I am that which I am" (some interpret, "I shall be what I shall be"). "Father, Son and Holy Spirit", are used as designated terms, so that Divinity can address Himself without ego.

Christ came as 'Divinity in The Flesh', to make the New Covenant with humanity, because how we typically portray God as "elsewhere", as in the Old Testament. How is it possible to be "separate" and "apart" from an 'Omnipresent God', expressed as 'Everything', 'Everywhere' at 'All Times'? The God Jesus spoke of in the New Testament is described as a 'Transcendent Reality', as well as and 'Immanent' one. This went against the traditional orthodoxy of Jesus' time, and likely why He was wrongfully accused, and put to death.

As a fully 'God/Self-Realized Being', Jesus taught that we are all God's children, and that the same 'Divine Essence' dwelling in Himself, dwells in us all ("...ye are gods", "...the Kingdom of Heaven is within you"). The Bible demonstrates mankind's progressive understanding of Divinity, from Adam and Eve, to the Coming of Christ, to the very circumstances of our present existence. Everything is preset to come back "full circle", as the 'Truth of God' redeems and restores all things to it's original position.

Hence the Omniscience of our 'Almighty Lord!'

• 1 year ago

Not at all. The Bible does not teach the Trinity

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

I no one cant understand the scripture even JW still having problem with the trinity you can copy the scripture but don't try to use it against us you will fail.

Seem like JW or atheists don't have a clue about the Trinity the still cant comprented the meaning.

Matthew 28:19 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:2 Corinthians 13:14 - The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen. ([The second [epistle] to the Corinthians was written from Philippi, [a city] of Macedonia, by Titus and Lucas.])

John 10:30 - I and [my] Father are one.

Matthew 3:16-17 - And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

1 Corinthians 8:6 - But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.

1 Peter 1:2 - Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

John 14:26 - But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 1:1-51 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 14:16-17 - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 John 5:7-8 - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Ephesians 4:4-6 - [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Philippians 2:5-8 - Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 2:9 - For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

John 15:26 - But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Colossians 1:15-17 - Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

John 10:30-36 - I and [my] Father are one.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM

John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.

• Ala
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

I have read the Bible many times. I am still reading it. I see the Trinity in its pages, though they don't use the word.

• 1 year ago

Trinity concept comes from council of Nicea called by emperor Constantine about 325 CE. Trinity of church doctrine had counterpart in Imperial trinity- emperor supported Catholic Church, church supported Emperor and citizens supported both for strong state. Trinity in Bible? No, some verses note Christ saying he was a man subject to God. Holy Spirit was neither God nor Jesus- was translation of Greek word/words for concept of Christianity

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Reported for cult rant.

Anything that anyone believes does NOT deter from the fact that jehovah's witnesses is one of the most vile cults to date.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

God is Triune and a person can better comprehend this mystery by reciting the rosary each day with care.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Continuation of the logic

7- Believers in the trinity think John 1:1 (King James) supports the trinity. It reads: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God , and the Word was God.” This scripture does NOT say there are 3 persons in one Godhead. It also does NOT say the two Gods are united. It merely says one God was with another God--two Gods together in the beginning. Do you agree?

Yes. Go to # 5

No. Go to # 8

8-Your understanding, or conclusion, about John 1:1 could be wrong. It could be based on speculation (jumping to conclusion). Agree?

Yes. Go to # 5.

No. Go to # 9.

9- Believers in the trinity think Matthew 28:19 (King James) supports the trinity. It reads: “ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost”. This scripture does NOT say there are 3 persons in one Godhead. This scripture only mentions the three in one sentence. Agree?

Yes. Go to # 5.

No. Go to # 10.

10- You probably want to offer additional scriptures to support the trinity. Before doing that, ensure that the scriptures you cited are not in conflict / contradiction to any, or all of the following: (a) that the Father is greater than the son (John 14:28); (b) that the Son is mere worshipper of the Father (John 20:17); (c) that the holy spirit is God’s power that gave life to Job; that is, found in his nostril (Job 27:3); (d) that the holy spirit was God’s power given to multiple disciples per Luke 24:49 and Acts 2:1-4.

Do you agree that the scriptures you’ll offer should not contradict (be in conflict with ) “a”, “b”, “c” or “d?

Yes. Go to # 11.

No. Congratulations you just made the Bible a liar; you made it contradict itself! Seriously, go to #5.

11- Cite the scriptures you think support the trinity. Do they conflict /contradict with “a”, “b”, “c”, or “d” in no. 10?

Yes. Then the scriptures you cited do not support the trinity. Go to # 5.

No. You are probably wrong /biased, or you made the Bible contradict itself. Go to back to #1.

END.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.