Suzan K asked in HealthMental Health · 7 months ago

Don't you think landlords have smoke alarms loaded with s-py ca-meras in them, on our ceilings to spy on us ?

As I found out in youtube about Smoke Detector S-py Ca-meras, I would like to know how I can dismantle that smoke detector to find out if there is a ca-mera inside..

• martin

Smoke detectors can be dismantled to replace the batteries so it probably is very possible for you to dismantle it and have a look inside.

• Vortex

If there are any tiny holes facing downward put a piece of tape over it. Problem solved. Don't block the large openings that allow smoke in.

• Vortex

There probably is no camera, however the landlord would never say anything if the lens was blocked as they would be breaking the law spying on you. They sell things on Ebay for detecting cameras. It shines a light on the lens and you can see the reflection . Look up hidden camera detector.

it will have TWO light looking things, not just one ...........................'course that 500 mm lens is a dead give-away too ...................

• Suzan K

When I asked the landlord why a red light keeps flashing on it, she answered it's a proof that the smoke detector is working. The one that was before on our ceiling did not have a red flashing light to prove that it was working

Most landlords go for the cheapest smoke detectors. That's usually the ones with a battery that needs replacing once or twice a year.

So, why worry?