should the curriculum be beefed up in public schools?

personally I think that aerospace propulsion and structures as well orbital dynamics should be a mandatory course for all high school students.

what do you guys think?

• Rick B
    Best Answer

Since 95% of people would never use those topics in real life, no, I do not agree with you.

I do, however, think that basic finance skills, job interviews, filing tax returns, and applying for a mortgage should all be taught.

This would only increase social promotion

Not in the way you are talking about, no. The subjects you describe require that people know math, particularly calculus, as well as physics, astronomy, and whole host of other subjects that high schools don't teach.

I'd vote for civics and critical thinking as the first to be readmitted to the curriculum. I agree about understanding physics, but probably at an overview or survey level.

That would certainly weed out the feeble-minded.

I think that might be going too far.

It should be brought back up to the standards of performance of the 1950's. You learn meaningful subject matter, you progress, you do not, you fail.

You misbehave, you are removed from the scholastic environment.

Learn math at school, self esteem at home.

Source(s): conservative

That you don't need to be a Rocket scientist to figure out what a bad idea that is.