Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 6 months ago

I think I’m suffering with the early stages of anorexia and I hate how people stare me up and down. It makes me not want to go out.?

Is this normal for sufferers to feel this way?

If you feel you're becoming anorexic then you should get some help for it. It's not something you want to have it's a very sad, debilitating illness and it's never healthy. Get some guidance it's hard to deal with on your own and the sooner you deal with it the better. Anorexia is caused by a variety of negative emotions, for you to have this disorder you really need to learn how to process your emotions healthily. You can get better, God bless.

• Lili

Anorexics in the early stages don't look deathly thin and normally want to show off their slimness. They are proud of it. No one would be likely to stare at them in the early stages, because there's nothing shocking to see.

If you are feeling unwilling to leave your home, that's not likely to be "early stages of anorexia" but rather agoraphobia. You need to see a therapist.

Don't know but it's worth you seeing your doctor about this. If it is early stages anorexia, then the sooner you get it fixed by a doctor the better. It's a form of depression. Get professional help. Don't try and do it alone.

• Lili

Anorexia is not a form of depression. It may accompany depression, but many anorexics are not depressed at all. They have other issues but not depression.

How would people know if you had early stages or not, I think you are just being paranoid so go speak to your doctor

Yes it is. I feel that way lots of times, but I'm trying to overcome that. When I catch people looking at me in an odd way, I just smile big at them. And, if I catch them staring, I wave at them and smile big. Totally catches them off guard, plus I get amused at their reaction too. Quite entertaining. I've come to the conclusion, that there is much more to me than an eating disorder and underweight body. They do not define me. If people don't want to see beyond that, then that's their issue. It's not mine.