Anonymous

I just unknowingly filed a harassment file against a co worker?

Yesterday I had a meeting with Union and my manager about an incident that happened between a co worker. after interviewed me, the union said what he did was basically harassment and they will interview the witness then the case will be handed to HR and they will decide what to do. what's going to happen to him? I really don't want him to get into trouble

Favorite Answer

Usually, the first instance is a teaching one (slap on the wrist and some special training maybe). If the person does not change behavior, then out the door they will go. You have a union, so few things lead to dismissal without a first chance to stop doing the unwanted thing. They need to get this one down on paper so if he keeps doing it, then they can say that he simply won't change.

Harassment is taken very seriously at all levels of corporate America these days. The alternative is too costly for them. If a person complains and the company does nothing, the company is at fault, and possibly even the individuals who were informed but chose not to act.

Nothing you can do about now..

They might slap him on the wrists (no serious punishment) or he could be fired.

Too Bad. The coworker brought it upon themselves by starting the incident.

If they fire the person you will get a raise so what does it matter.

• ron h

if you've got contact info for whoever took the report, call them ASAP and tell them that you thought more about it and you don't really consider the thing a problem. If you can't contact that person, contact the witness and tell the witness you want to talk to the union before anything is done. Don't ask the witness to lie, that'll just be a fuggin mess.