Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 10 months ago

I can sing perfectly on pitch?

Hi there, I’m been just singing for fun and decided to play around and use a tuner to see if I’m sharp or flat to train myself. I noticed that when I sing, it’s perfectly on pitch? Is this a natural thing or do I have some short of perfect pitch or musical ear? I haven’t had any training so I’m not a great singer. For example, I can tell my singing is kind of airy. Is there a term for singing on pitch?

Favorite Answer

Perfect pitch is something else - it is IDENTIFYING a note - and then of course, being able to sing that pitch at another time, *out of thin air* - no prior reference from a piano, etc.. You sound like you have "good pitch" or a "good ear". Yes, taking voice lessons would help you.

Do you know the difference between an interrogative sentence and a declarative sentence. Test your hearing to find out if you have perfect pitch or relative pitch.

But what is perfect pitch?

Put simply, it's the ability to name or sing a given musical note without being given a reference note. If someone says 'sing an A', a person with perfect pitch would be able to hum one without even breaking a sweat.

You can take a test here to see if you have perfect pitch

https://www.classicfm.com/discover-music/latest/pe...

• Mamianka

Most of us that have decades of experience, can sing an A or a Bb dead on - because we use that so often in tuning. It is just good pitch MEMORY.