trailblazer asked in TravelCanadaVancouver · 8 months ago

What to do on Vancouver island? I have 24 hours to explore.?

Whatever you want.

• F

Nothing that's in Vancouver anyway contrary to other answers. (see a map).

Not a lot of things but you could try

• Jeff H

The most amazing thing about the answers here are the number of people who have no idea what they are talking about since they give information for Vancouver which is not on Vancouver Island, sorry to disappoint them. Not sure whether they did a quick web search or merely enjoy giving incorrect answers.

As for what to do on Vancouver Island, it all depends on where you are and how you intend to get around although 24 hours will give you little time to see much of the island, even if travelling by motor vehicle assuming you want to take the time to actually enjoy the attractions. While you can travel from Victoria to several parts of Vancouver island within a few hours driving as I said, it all depends on what you want to do. Although I have not traveled there recently I generally would go for several days if I wanted to travel around even half of the island. 24 hours suggests that you travel to and remain in Victoria, the Capital of BC and a city with a variety of attractions from Museums to Art Galleries to Gardens and Whale watching..

Not nearly enough time. Highlights: Cathedral Grove, Goats on the Roof Store in Coomb, beach between Uclelet, and Tofino, Victoria - worth a few days by itself, and, and, and, .....

You have 24 hours? From Where? The Airport? The Ferry landing? On foot, riding a bike, using a car or by public transit. Shall I guess if you plan to sleep in a tent or hotel room.

Seeing water is not too exciting for me. I did spend many hours walking around Butchart Gardens an abandoned rock quarry and now A Family garden shared with the public.

https://www.tourismvictoria.com/see-do/activities-...

Where are you starting from? Do you have a car?

Go to Stanley Park, see the steam clock in Gas town, try the great food trucks and/or great gelato at Bella Gelateria

• Sharon

one of the world's best nude beaches at Wreck Beach. Note: very steep climb down to get to it from parking lot, feels steeper going back!

• pmt853

Stanley Park, Gaston steam clock, chinatown.