Would Janis Joplin and her style of music be popular in this day and era?

I hope you realize you're asking for an opinion. There are some artist from Joplin's era who are still around today. Are their styles still popular today? 

Sure why not. Standards are low, the bar and been lowered, and real talent is no longer required.

Beth Hart is popular in some countries and some of her songs sound like they could have been sung by Joplin.

• John

Look to Susan Tedeschi. She's her own singer, not a "tribute". But she's out there doing it every day.

• Yes. Very soulful and heart felt.

• Kathy

Only with the older generation who remember her.

Well I am in this day and era and I am a big fan of her style of music. She has been called “the greatest white urban blues and soul singer of her generation.”

Absolutely. We paid to see Mary Bridget Davies, who sings like Janis and knocks it out of the park every time. She's played Janis in two plays, one on Broadway, and performed with Big Brother. (Check her out, Really? I think you'll be pleased.)

• LA LA

Her music is always popular. I listen to her on a daily basic.

• Murzy

Yes. You see singers on America's Got Talent using her style.