Becoming a Respiratory therapist?

I have my bachelors degree in human resource management but I want to change fields. In order to become a RT , would I still have to do 4 years to get a bachelors degree in RT or because I have my bachelors could I enter a master program ? Or do a 2 year program ? I can’t find the right info online

4 Answers

Relevance
  • di
    Lv 4
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

State regulations vary, but where I live, RT is an associate program - you would get credit for required academic classes that you took, and only take any academic classes the RT requires that you didn't take, PLUS all the clinical stuff.

• 1 year ago

An associates degree and certification are required to be a respiratory therapist. There is also a diploma, but they are not licensed or certified to work in ICU. My source is a retired respiratory therapist.

If Bachelors degree at any of the courses you took for the bachelors degree are older than 5 calendar years old, those credit hours probably will NOT transfer to an associates degree. You are not qualified to get into masters program without a bachelors degree. Yes, you CAN EARN a second and even a third bachelors degree. I have 3 bachelors degrees and I did NOT double major. I also have the equivalent of more than 1 masters degree, but I have only one M.S. diploma and a 160 page masters thesis.

https://study.com/articles/How_to_Become_a_Certifi...

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

i suggest u stop;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

• 1 year ago

You would need to go through a RT program, how long depends on what classes will get credited to pre reqs and gen eds. Find a program in you area and look at their requirements and call them. They are licensed through the state allied health boards, which should also have info for you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.