Zariah asked in PetsBirds · 1 year ago

Cockatiel got his own claw stuck in his leg. Should I treat it?

So, he's fine now, but let me tell you what happened. We were on my bed, and had just finished training, and he was just going around eating all the leftover treat crumbs. He stopped, and was biting at his right foot, but it just looked like he was grooming himself, so I had him step up in my finger, but when he did, he lost his balance, 'cause he wasn't using his foot. He kept lifting it and he mas making hurting noises. I tried to see what was going on but he wouldn't be still, so I went to cup him in my hands and get him still. Basically he started flying, and when I caught him I got him to get still so I could see, and his toe was bended back with the claw stuck in his lower leg. I got it out, and there was no blood, but I'm just wondering if I should treat it or something just in case. And does anyone know HOW the heck he got it like that? (Also I'm going to clip his talons now)

• 1 year ago

i would call the vet up and ask hirn what to do about it

1 year ago

i would ask your vet if he needs to see hirn