Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Other - Destinations · 1 year ago

Am I justified in not wanting to go on vacation with my family?

I have a severe anxiety problem related to urination and defecation, and upon describing my problem on another forum, I was told that I cannot solve it on my own and that I definitely need to talk to professional because it's impairing my life so.

So, am I justified in not wanting to go on this vacation?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Go to your doctor. Go to therapy to help with your anxiety. Nothing to be ashamed about. I think your parents would understand. Whats the point of going if you're not going to have fun? Waste of time and money. Get your probs fixed then go on vacay.

• Kelly
    1 year ago

No, you're not.

You're letting whatever issue you've got going on here dictate what you do in life. Running from it does not treat it. You need to see a medical professional.

• Foofa
    1 year ago

You definitely do need professional help. But whether to go on this vacation depends on why kind it is. I could see camping and being expected to do your business in the woods being problematic. But if you're staying in a hotel that presumably has a private bathroom I don't really see the problem.

• 1 year ago

No one should be diagnosing you on here. There's a difference between a phobia and a neurosis. A neurosis is a fear of something that can be overcome by facing that fear and experiencing what frightens you. A phobia is much more serious, and needs professional help to get over. Only a psychologist/psychiatrist can tell which you have.

• 1 year ago

Go to your doctor first.

• 1 year ago

Going on vacations is a stupid waste of time and money! I work 7 days a week and I never take vacations. Life is all about working and having fun. We were not meant to sit on a beach in Monte Carlo getting sun burns and skin cancer (melanoma)!

• 💜
    1 year ago

Just put a pamper on and suck it up