I'm thirteen and my mom needs to give me more responsibiliy?

She doesn't let me go out when it's getting late but still completely daylight out. She won't let me go an hour walking distance away alone and I know she is mostly rig h all the time. But sometimes she's wrong AND WOMT ADMIT TO IT AT ALLL! it makes me so mad. Any help?

Best Answer

You dont want responsibility, you want freedom to do as you please

There is a vast difference

What "responsibility" would she be giving you by allowing you out late and/or an hour from home?

She would be irresponsible if she allowed that, you are only 13

No you dont appreciate that right now, we have ALL been in your shoes

The Bible says at Proverbs 19:20; “Listen to counsel and accept discipline, in order to become wise in your future “ Some parents are reluctant to let go of their children, and rightfully so in this wayward & wicked world. Your Mother doesn’t want any harm to come to you. She loves you!! Listen to your parents, they want the best for you. (Ephesians 6:1-3) You will live a long time & be successful in the days that you live if you’re obedient to them. This is not only good sound advice, it’s also Jehovah God’s will & purpose for you as a child.

rnaybe you should talk to your rnorn about it and tell her how you feel about all this

Stop digging your heels in and telling us what your mom NEEDS to do. She doesn't NEED to do anything.

Maybe you could have a conversation about this if you feel you would LIKE more responsibility and go about finding a way that keeps you safe but gives you more freedom.

The trouble with the teen years is that the teen suddenly feels he/she is growing up. And you are! And you need to practice life to become a well-rounded, mature adult, but parents are afraid to let go and afraid they are losing their chicks. It has to happen; of course it does. But discussion's a much better way to get it done, with some give and take and no demands from your side.

Yeah I live in canada

We are all wrong sometimes, right sometimes and that is the way of the world.Is it safe in your country for a girl to walk alone in the evenings