Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 months ago

why do cons get mad when Google censors free speech?

Google is a private company. I thought cons were for the free market weren't they?

Favorite Answer

Conservatives have cornered the market at turning privilege into victimhood.

• Curtis 1911

Interesting point Joe,,,, can you give me an example of Conservatives turning privilege into victimhood?

Because Google want to have their cake and eat it.

If they are a private company that can censor anything it wants then they are in control of what they put out so can be held to account by the courts.

They like to maintain that they are just a conduit like a telephone company if anyone threatens to sue. So they need to make up their minds which they want to be.

• John

Google is NOT a private company.

• Jeff S

Because cons believe they're entitled to special rules!

They believe everyone should respect them! While they hold everyone else in contempt!

Cons are for the free market that's why I avoid Google and use DuckDuckGo and https://searchconservative.com/

• Curtis 1911

Hey dumbass you just asked for my opinion with your question,,,, and it must matter or you would not posted your comment.

• Bill

Just because I believe they have a right to censor people doesn't mean I approve of them censoring people.

Before google bought Youtube it was essentially a free speech zone, while now it is quickly becoming a liberal echo chamber. Google has by all accounts ruined what YouTube was all about with their desire to control the message and push forward their own ideology.

They are breaking the law by doing so. It was a law that was created early on when the internet was available to only a few. Clause 22 of the Data/Information Act 1998

They fear the truth the facts and good people.

you don't even realize that you're just talking about feelings again.....do you?

• Joe9 months agoReport

Trump is the king of feels over reals.

If Pres Trump wishes to do so, he can destroy Google.