My mom wont let me use the fridge or freezer even though I pay rent.?

So I've been living with my mom for about 2 years now and I pay $400 a month for rent. My mom recently got diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer so she has to be on a special diet and she's also very weak so she can't really get anywhere. So her friends went out and got her groceries and they literally crammed the fridge freezer full of food so right now it's full of my mom's special diet food and my brothers special food(he has IBS). so ever since my mom had to buy all this food there's been no room in the fridge for me to put anything. I've been kind of just trying to get what I could in the fridge but recently my mom is getting annoyed by it. Today I went and bought a couple frozen dinners and my mom freaks out on me saying where the hell are you going to put those and that I can't use a fridge anymore or freezer because it's too full... why don't you just go out and eat at work and going on about how her stuff is more important so I can't use the fridge or freezer. Later on I had called my dad to ask him about looking at a little mini fridge freezer combo but then my mom freaked out on me saying we don't have room in the house for that don't you f****** dare get that s*** in my house. So I'm not sure what to do...my dad wont do anything and I need the fridge. Its not like I can go without a fridge. What do you guys think I should do? I don't really have the money to move out right now and my dad won't let me live at his house so I'm in a little bit of a pickle.

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Your mom is focused on her own misery. If the living arrangement is otherwise acceptable, go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy a small refrigerator for your bedroom. Don't get the tiny little dorm room refrigerator, get one that is at least about three feet tall.

• 1 year ago

Would $400 not get you a house share? If you are committed to staying with your mother, ASK her advice about eating when not at work (breakfasts, evenings, weekends, etc,), keeping your food cool, etc. rather than just telling her what you want. You can probably survive without a freezer for a year or two, but you do need to keep some items from going off, one would think..... Ask her how.

1 year ago

i would move out and rent from someone else

• 1 year ago

Why can't you live with your father? There's more to this story. If your mother is terminal, as suggested, I would worry less about food and be more concerned with her last days and how you can make her comfortable, even though what you described is not kind or good on her part. I think you could and should go ahead and buy a mini fridge for your room, no matter what she says, however. SHE should be concerned with your welfare, as well, and I'm not hearing that. You might, as an another alternative, find a way to move out. Could you room with someone? Increase your income? Stay with a friend or relative? You pay $400 month, and I'd bet you could at least find a room mate for that and resolve at least the food problem. Good luck, good wishes,

• 1 year ago

Just move out, she is gonna die soon at any rate with stage 4 lung cancer.

1 year ago

i would rnove out anyways, you can always rent frorn sorneone and they'll let you use their fridge

• 1 year ago

But surely your mother is eating the food from the fridge/freezer, thus making more space?

1 year ago

Buy your own mini fridge or fridge/freezer and keep it in your room.

If my mother had stage 4 lung cancer petty trivialities like this would be the very least of my concerns.

Update: Her mother is frightened by her imminent death, this is almost certainly why she is foul tempered. So yeah, not having 2 frozen dinners in a freezer at any given time is a triviality.

Nobody able bodied has ever starved from not having 2 TV dinners in the freezer. People who are as weak as a kitten and are dying from cancer possibly have.

Her mother's house, her rules, if she isn't happy with her domestic arrangements she knows where the door is.