Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 7 months ago

At what age do men stop acting like boys? My husband is 46 and still acting like a 20 year old. He films himself at work with his 20 year?

workmates, acting silly, doing seductive, immature things for Instagram to get other women's attention. I thought, by age 46 that would all stop. He says the girls love it and it makes him feel good. I'm starting to think he hasn't grown up.

• Foofa

I think you're probably right, apparently you married a bit of a manchild.

What's mature according to you?

Let me know where he works. Sounds a great place! better than the females I work with!

Obviously, he's an odd person. How many other 46 year old men do you know besides your husband who do that? You mean why does your husband do this, not "men". Keep perspetive.

His maturity level is not so much in question as him seeking and enjoying the attention of younger women. Mid life crisis is more like it.

sorne never do like youre finding out

Maturity is subjective and what you see as appropriate behavior, may not necessarily be shared by your husband. If this behavior is an outlet for your husband and makes him feel good, be open to exploring what aspect of this you do not like. If you feel this behavior encroaches on your marriage, have a conversation.

it depends, people become mature at different times, maybe you should talk to him about it

• Janet

Growing up does not preclude doing senseless silly things.

Growing up has to do with:

- keeping you word

- being honest (with yourself as well as in all other ways)

- learning to open to and work with your inner emotions, so that you don't screw up your life with anger or impulsiveness or fear

- learning to care about others

- learning to accept yourself.

- learning not to judge others

Nothing in what you have said here indicates that he has NOT grown up.

I see nothing wrong with doing things that make us AND others happy. Perhaps his seductive behaviors make you feel immature .. in which you need to grow up.

But some people never do grow up.

• ?

Some of them never do.