Is This Dress Appropriate For A Wedding?

This is the first wedding I’m attending and not sure what’s appropriate or not. I know not to wear white and don’t want to wear black. I’ve opted for this dress but not sure if it’s long enough. I’m super short so a maxi dress makes me look ridiculous lol. Any input would be great.

Attachment image

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The color is fine. I would buy a light shawl or shrug in a floral pattern to wear to the wedding itself, and then you can remove it at the reception. I can't tell if it's shorter in front than in the back, but if you're short, it won't be too short on you. I would wear nude hose and maybe nude shoes, since it's a summer wedding. A small flowered or nude clutch would be nice.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

NO. The Bride is supposed to be the Center of Attention - NOT the guests. Find a dress with a slight floral pattern.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Only if you have a wrap of some kind to cover your shoulders during the ceremony. You can have bare shoulders at the reception but not at the wedding itself. This assumes the dress really fits you differently than the model because as she wears it it's too short in the front.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I think its ok. Its not too dressy or sexy to draw attention away from the bride. Nice choice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

just a normal event dress. nothing special about it. go ahead...

• Me
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

I think it is adorable for a wedding since it might be a little bit longer on you since you are short.

One thing to think about is if they are having the ceremony in a church. If so, bring along a light shawl or scarf to cover your shoulders. Not all churches require it, but it is a respectful thing to add to your outfit.

• edward
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Be sure to wear shorts under it, better safe than sorry

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

It's fine although

1) It looks like a bridesmaid dress to me;

2) Tilted hemlines that show one's knees aren't very flattering IMO; and

3) Consider whether you will be able to dance and sit without everyone seeing your private business.

I like the color especially for an evening wedding. It think it's a bit dark for a sunny summer afternoon.

• drip
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Most models in these pictures are rather tall. So I will assume it is not that short in you. It is a great dress to wear to a wedding,

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

That is fine for you to wear to a wedding. It's a little short in the front but since you're short it won't be on you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.