Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 6 months ago

Apparently wages are rising at the highest rate for years. Are you benefiting from wage rises above inflation?

...or is the only place you see these pay rises on the news, for some mysterious others?

It looks like no one here is seeing these inflation busting pay rises. Either the figures are lies, which I doubt, or only the very highest paid are getting these rises, while the rest of us are getting left further behind.

Favorite Answer

Yeah! And the streets are paved with gold and rainbow unicorn droppings!

There are lies, damned lies and Tory propaganda statistics!

• gerald

hey Joe that could make a song

I don't work, so I don't get any wage. Being retired I want income from my investments.

No. I don't work BUT when I was working, I contributed to the 'pot' but I see no Pension rise at 'the highest rate for years'!! The rich get richer, and the poor, poorer. I may well have to vote for the Party that gives, regardless, and break the habit of a life-time, next time.

No, I've just had another sub-inflation pay-rise.

Yes. Although it barely compensates for the years when it did not rise.

They boast about a record number of jobs and wage rises but the Tories have also stripped away rights, they increased the time in employment you need to be in to go to a tribunal to two years, (one year under Labour) they have decreased the amount of notice an employer has to give you if they are making you redundant to one month (three months under Labour) and have not discouraged zero hours contracts. (Labour did / would again) They have taken away New Deal scheme which worked a lot (Labour) and replaced it with gain more skills but no money by stacking shelves in Poundland. Also, when they quote their employment figures, they don't quote how many are happy with their work and they do have figures, there is an office for national statistics. They can make it sound like they are better but they are not when you take all this into account.

• gerald

its bull**it this is Victorian days again over a million workers using food banks there are millions on part time like Brexit its all bollox they say we put more in yet everything is collapsing it doesn't make sense , we now hear the Chancellor has built up a war chest for Brexit and May wants to spend it on hairdo's for the sick in the world, the roads welfare of the sick mentally ill the old is appalling wheres he getting all the money England the Americans pay no corporation tax wheres it all coming from franchises like coffee seller Dianne paying sh** wages driving flash cars living in the country away from the riff raff that's where its coming from you live in a sh** hole you are sh** Dianne says so as do many

Raising wages to 8.21PH basic, means we have to put prices up so it does employees no good. That's the trouble with that minimum wage nonsense as it just drives inflation.

My wages won't go up until August or September. If I'm not out on strike. I hope we get a good raise.

All I see is massive inflation in the prices of everything actually needed like supermarket produce and energy supplies. Restaurant menu prices are going through the roof. Pensions and benefits are not keeping pace with it.