? asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 5 months ago

Would Theresa May have got more respect if she departed without another speech?

May promised 108 times the UK would leave the EU on March 29th...deal or no deal ,,Theresa May is nothing.but a liar a vicars daughter as well...Barnier is now saying May never even mentioned about leaving with a no deal..what a liar she is...I have no respect whatsoever for her ...I cant wait to see the back of her.

Look, Theresa May picked up the poisoned chalice when nobody else wanted it. She was between a rock and a hard place (Government who was out to get her regardless and the EU who had been insulted by the Public vote that said OUT). If ever there was time for inter-Party squabbling to stop, this was it. As it was, each individual was out for their own personal gain. What should have happened is a cross-Party get-together, to oversee the UK leaving the EU. It's easy to place blame on May, but only she, and those who were involved, KNOW what she was up against.

For me, her only fault was not chucking it all back at Parliament, all of 'em, months ago and walking!!

If anybody should be targetted in all of this MESS, it's Mr. CamORON who allowed the Referendum to be held at all WITHOUT THE PUBLIC KNOWING ALL THE FACTS. Not leaving the situation to become media-led.

As for 'speech' - she's entled to say what she feels needs to be said before she leaves.

Pathetic woman, says she's afraid of what politics has become, but refuses to take responsibility

No. The brexiteer faction of her party hated her from the very start and did everything they could to bring her down. They, as traitors, need to leave the Conservatives and join the Brexit Party.

With regards to Mrs M and respect, that ship sailed long a go.

She was only ever there to fvck up so that someone like Boris would pick up the mantle.

It was a speech about something she was in the process of, she will still make an exit speech and that was not it. I don't think she is horrible and don't think there was any need for them to keep voting against her until she felt the need to quit.

Yes. I am sick of hearing from the brain dead traitor.

• gerald

you are one life there are kids growing up now hearing Thatcher was a wonderful leader and labour the working mans heart is a Nazi who eats Jews time heals all wounds but opens others Theresa May has been Appalling I predicted at the start I was correct all the way through now she leaves gets awards a peerage a pension other honours and I will disappear as a stupid old man such is life

She'd probably like nothing more but has some kind of contractual obligation.

No, she made a pact with the UDA/DUP to get in to government, she may as well have made a pact with the devil himself as far as I'm concerned