tina asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 6 months ago

I need to get to City Hall in Chicago. I am taking a train from Gary Indiana. What train do I take and where do I get off at?

Are you not capable of going online and type up the transit agency to find out?

There is more than one place in Chicago called City Hall, so make sure to go to the right one.

To get to City of Chicago - City Hall, 121 N LaSalle St, Chicago, IL 60602, you take the South Shore Line (SSL) of the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District. You get off at Millennium Station and walk half a mile to City of Chicago - City Hall, 121 N LaSalle St, Chicago, IL 60602,

If you want to go to Chicago City Hall,

850 W Addison St, Chicago, IL 60613, then start by taking the South Shore Line (SSL) of the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District from Gary to Millennium Station, as described above, and then you walk to Lake Station, and take the red line of the Chicago Transportation District from Lake to Addison.

• eldon

The only passenger rail line with a stop in Gary IN is the South Shore Line.

You can find schedules and station locations here:

https://www.mysouthshoreline.com/

Get off at the westbound end of the line, Millennium Station. Then walk about 5 blocks west to LaSalle Street. City Hall is at 121 N LaSalle.

https://goo.gl/maps/DUjLDPx2oAfhHzRd9

where do i get off at in Chicago? What stop is closest to City Hall in Chicago?

• Martin

Millennium Station.

I recommend getting on the train in Gary, Indiana and getting off in Chicago.