Besides removing sanctions on Russia, what else did Vladimir Putin expect from Trump's Presidency?

Why didn't you ask Putin directly?

In Trump's own words on national television. July 27th, 2016 Trump made a public announcement"Russia if you are listening, I hope you are able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing ( page 49 of Mueller's report ). I think you will probably be rewarded mightily. When I am elected president I promise I will--Lift the economic sanctions on Russia. I will recognize the Crimea and Ukraine as a Russian territory".

Within approximately five hours of Trump's statement, GRU officers targeted for the first time Clinton's personal office. After Trump's remarks, Unit 26165 was created and sent malicious links targeting 15 email accounts belonging to Clintons aids. The GRU compromised and was able to identify the email accounts of thousands of Americans, which were not public, and obtained personal information. They started in Nebraska hacking /robbing banks

Russian escalated the hacking of American computer and started misinformation warfare of social media then he said "I love Wikileaks" numerous times. There is much more in the Mueller report including the exact word and dates.

Clearly, based on the timeline Trump and his campaign were conspiring against the US and Trump is an illegal president. Trump is a Russian conspirator. The top republicans took millions in bribes from Russia.

Source(s): The Mueller Report- The Washington Post. Volume I. Page 59-111.
    • tigeress

Trump replied, "We will be looking at that. Yeah, we will be definitely be looking."(Doral Florida, C-Span.) It makes sense because half his indicted campaign staff had offices in Ukraine or visited Ukraine. Google this - The Trump Tower Moscow project Sept. 2015 -2017

Weakening NATO and the EU, isolating the USA from its allies. And it's working.

Trying to weaken NATO and the UN, which he has done a very good job of.

• Uncle Pennybags

NATO has served it's useful purpose. It's not 70 years ago where Western Europe was exhausted and recovering from the ruins of war, while fearing the massive Soviet Union army sweeping over them. Western Europe is now rich and doesn't seem very interested in providing for their own defense.

• Jeff S

Well Trump backed down for Vlad's buddy Assad in Syria! Then Trump agreed with Vlad that a referendum should be held in Russian occupied Eastern Ukraine about whether or not Russia could annex it like Crimea! Also didn't Vlad also tell Trump to back off the dictator in Venezuela? So Trump did that too!

The neutering of NATO, which appears to be possible. Turkey is buying Russian weapons.

Trump gave lip service to sanctions then never enforced them. Same difference.

I'm sorry, what sanctions did Trump remove on Russia? I searched and I couldn't find any that Trump removed. Please enlighten me.

Trump has in fact added new sanctions on Russia.

• tigeress

Uncle, Congress did that --not Trump. Trump lifted the economic sanctions on Putin's best friends the Russian oligarchy. They can now launder big money for Putin. Trump did it will help from McConnell who was rewarded with 200 million dollars and Mnuchin who refuses to disclose his reward.

• Dze

no war leading to a nuclear exchange .. the rhetoric coming from dems and Hillary specifically was pushing a hardline challenging stance with russia calling for military action .. that my friend is insanity ..

Actually Trump ADDED more sanctions against Russia.

You should be embarrassed, if you were smart enough that is.