Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 12 months ago

What should I do if my mom is friends with someone who is always being mean to me?

My mom is friends with this woman, who happens to be our neighbor. Every time I am outside with my mom and her she always makes very rude comments about me. Telling me that I need to eat more, and shes surprised I'm not dead yet. She even yells at me and acts like she is my mom saying that I am stupid. Whenever I try to be around my mom to talk to her she tells me to go away and I am annoying. (I'm a female 14 btw) I really don't know what to do because my mom really seems to like this woman, and she dosen't seem to care about the fact that these things are being said and whenever i try to talk to my mom she always yells at me. My mom stops talking to her for like 2 days, telling me she will stop talking to her, but then she goes right back to hanging out with her and i can't even do anything anymore because of this woman. My mom has started choosing this woman over me, leaving me alone to go and hangout with her, for hours on end. My mom doesn't even go out with me anymore, instead she goes to parties with this woman. She is ruining my relationship with my mom, and its really making me upset because I do love my mom. I really think she has a bad influence on my mom. I also have a little sister, (who is 4) and this woman is also rude to her. The problem is that this woman has kids who are my sisters age, and are friends with my sister. This makes it even harder for my mom to stop being friends with her because my sister loves her kids. Please help.

Edit: She has stopped being her friend again, but I think as usual it will only be for a short time.

I'm pretty sure she has stopped being her friend for good, as she has still not spoken to her. I want to say thank you to everyone who helped me. <3

I know nobody probably cares, but ignore all that I had said. They ARE friends again, I mean it wouldn't be so bad if my mom would say something about it. Sorry, I will try and figure out something.... idk what

Favorite Answer

Your situation is like mine really, but the difference is my mom's friend is in another town thank god, i would go crazy if she was near..

Okay, if you have Girl friends hang out with them, just don't go with your mom and that piece of trash, and Jesus Christ your mom's got to stand for you why is she being like this?

If my own child is having verbal abuses i would record the whole abuse thing and call the cops, this is not normal behavior..

If your mom doesn't want to stop talking to that witch, don't talk to your mom for a while, like tell her i'm not talking to you until you make her stop for good, and where is you dad? Just tell him what's happening, and when she talks to you like this record on your phone her voice to have evidence if your father won't believe you because somtimes parents don't believe us.. And that's it for me good luck with your attempt to stop that creep

tell cps your rnorn is allowing her friend to verbally abuse you and your sister and see what they say

Well, I can tell you how to get it to stop sooner and make it less fun. Don't say anything and just act like they aren't doing anything. I did that. Sure, they'd still always say something, but they didn't usually keep at it. Only the most devoted psychos would go on and on and get worse.

Write about it in a diary that you happen to let a counselor at school see, since you have already let your mom know how it makes you feel. The counselor might have some better advice for you than what you are hearing here.

Your situation saddens me. I'd like you to be clear about what you want. It sounds to me that what you want is not to be disrespected by your mother's neighbor. You have presented a "choose her or me" choice to your mom, when what I believe you want is for her friend not to disrespect you or throw shade. Tell your mom you love her, and you want to be valued and loved back. Tell her the neighbor's remarks feel like a attack, and you'd like her to stick up for you when her neighbor puts you down. It's a lot easier ask to stand up for you, than to sever ties with your ***** of a neighbor.

i say get sassy back to the biy^h stop putting up with her...walk away or say something back..when your mom says something,tell her to stop chooseing the neighbor bit^h over you......im not saying cuss her out...at your age she might expect that...but when she makes rude comments...always smile and and say something like..you know you gotta lot of class for someone like you..such repsect for those smarterthan you....stuff likethat..but always smile and maybe thank her is asweet voice...THAT will **** her off,cause she is tryingto get a rise out of you and by being noce it throws her off,but throw in some bullshite her way