Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 8 months ago

My friend is going through anorexia and sometimes we talk about the details, do I keep the intimate details she tells me just between us?

She doesn't open up to anyone and she is the loveliest person. I do not want to ruin her trust or I feel like I could damage her majorly. Her dad doesn't really talk to her much even though her parents are still together and her mom will threaten suicide if she does something wrong.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Your friend has confided in you and this suggests she trusts you with her personal journey. If the situation was reversed, would you want your friend to tell others what you had said? Right now your friend needs your love, support and care, without judgement and you do not want to betray any trust that could see her withdraw from you. It is important your friend does not feel alone during this difficult time.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lita
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

You really need to find a new obsession. This is getting tiresome.

• 8 months ago

Don't tell ANYONE! She has trusted you with this sensitive secret about her. Anorexia is a very serious condition and although her life is in danger if she doesn't seek outside help, if you were to tell someone about this then you would likely lose your friendship. This is something that her family will see on their own and it will be them who need to intervene. Eating disorders can only be hidden for so long before someone finds out.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

i wouldnt tell anyone, i would encourage her to get help though

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Are you the "my friend has depression. Should I tell other people or keep it to myself" poster?

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You keep it confidential, look up help lines and give her the numbers, but you cannot tell anyone, she will never forgive you.

• 8 months ago

hold hands with her, talk to her. and tell that u cares about her.

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Asker: Seriously, you have to ASK whether you should blab intimate details about a friend's illness?
      Only trolls or idiots post this kind of question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.