Why is the US so closely allied with Israel?

Favorite Answer

I wish I knew. Israel sucks. The Palestinians suck. They all suck. They're engaged in a decades long tit-for-tat pissing contest like a pair of petulant children. Neither side is going anywhere, they both know it, and yet they still refuse to compromise and get along. The US should wash its hands of them all and simply walk away. Let those idiots sort out their own problems.

• patty

because Israel is a democratic country like the USA. Also Israel is mentioned in the old testament and the USA is a mostly or used to be Christian country.

• Ludwig

Because the Israelis own the US. And the US knows it.

• BMCR

Why is the US so closely allied with Canada?

The nation where the most Jewish people live is the USA.

Source(s): A Jewish guy walks into a bar in NY City. The bar tender looks up and says, "Where did you get him?" The parrot says, "I found him right outside. In this town, Jewish guys are everywhere."

Because they admittedly are the only non muslim ally in the Middle East. I used to support them blowing away Palestinian children. I saw the after math and laughed. now I am against it as God corrected me.

Most of the democrats , especially millennials, progressives and more open minded democrats do not support the atrocities of Israel, its illegal land grab, illegal settlements and mistreatment of Palestinians.

But AIPAC is buying the establishment politicians and they MUST show support to avoid losing the jewish donor money. That is why you saw the vast majority of the democrats voting against BDS in recent House resolution. Money talks.

Lots of money invested ....both ways

Israel is stolen land much like the US so we both have to protect the natives from taking over again.

• Mike

They are our friends