Is it worth it to go ice skating alone?

Heyy I’m really indecisive so I came here for some advice. Here’s my query-

I really want to get better at ice skating (I have my own hockey skates and I can confidently skate forward and half snowplough stop). However, my ‘local’ ice rink is around 35 mins away by tube and none of my friends can or want to accompany me. I am a 14 year-old girl, I’ve done the journey before, so that isn’t really the main issue. The dilemma is whether the journey there is worth it to skate alone for a bit...?

• Favorite Answer

Yes! Being by yourself eliminates distractions which means you can work on your skating, which is why you re there!. Work on your stops, try to learn a hockey stop, work on becoming better at using your edges, and start to work on backwards skating. Go, and have a great time!

• 1 year ago

Yes. Try to make friends with other skaters there. I did when I used to go roller skating.

• Candy
    1 year ago

I would .I know what you mean .No one would do things with me aswell .Looking back if I hadnt develped young that ability to go out and do it alone ( the excercise) then I wouldn t be where I am today in my health in my 40s .Go for it !!!

• 1 year ago

If you're practicing I would go alone. Unless they're there to help you practice. Then they'll just be a distraction.

• 1 year ago

Personal experience

not really worth it

but you might have fun

so in the end it is worth it