Why does she love me?

I have been dating my girlfriend for 9 years. We fell in love in high school. She comes from wealthy middle class family in contrast to me, who come from a low class family. What keeps me up at night is why? I am not tall, wealthy, own a car, or house. I smoke, and have done drugs. Sure I am educated with office job, but I am having trouble keeping a job and I have huge confidence issues. She is already successful in her career and earns much more than I do. I don't understand what is it that she finds attractive in me or why she loves me so much. I feel down just thinking about how much faith she puts in me, belives in me, and trusts me, me when I have so little to offer her. I have lied to her and told her that I am afriad of commitment, but she refuses to give up on me. I don't understand. This doesn't make sense. Does anyone have thoughts? What could be reason she loves me so much? Should I break up with her not to hurt her any more? I don't trust that I am the best option for her. She could do so much better.

Favorite Answer

Have you simply asked her?

I can read in your question that you seem to have very low self esteem, that's a you problem, not her problem. Get yourself into therapy and find out why do you want to sabotage a relationship where you are w a person that loves you for who you are.

You likely suit her purposes.

But it seems she does not fit yours. Feeling as you do, not getting married to her is a good idea. Maybe breaking up would be good too.

Honestly, you'd have to ask her that question. You two have been together for 9 years. You fell in love with each other in high school. You're her only serious relationship and she's probably super used to you by now, she doesn't know anything else. It's entirely possible that you could be soulmates. It's rare, but it happens. In the end, you'll just have to ask her.

• Nick10 months agoReport

have asked her many times. In her vision I am best guy in the world. I don't agree.