Jake
Lv 7

Why do you think the Beatles started experimenting with different types of music after 1966?

Like forget the Paul is dead thing, I noticed that from 1962-1966 the Beatles were like a band that came from the 50's with songs like I wanna hold your hand, she loves you the whole hard days night and with the beatles albums and beatles for sale. talking about love and what not.

then all of a sudden after REvolver when they got around to Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery tour they sounded much different than they did in their earlier days. not saying its bad they still talk about love, but we never saw them tour, and they looked much different they all had their hairs grown and beards as well.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

They were well into experimentation with their music by the time of Rubber Soul. Harrison was already working with Ravi Shankar and the group had been to India before recording on Revolver began. The band had decided to stop doing live shows and this freed them to do things in the studio that they didn't have to worry about reproducing on stage. Use of tape loops, automatic double-tracking and other technical advancements that were coming at that time. They started adding new instruments to the standard bass, drums and two guitars.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

It is called progressing, moving on, getting better.

• A need to prove themselves to actual artists that they were also real artists.

They spent no time touring, as the economics of arena shows weren't there.

So they did what many young millionaires did. They ate good stuff, got high and spent their time with an art crowd. An art crowd they secretly, as working class kids, felt as if they were beneath. A crowd which had better educations and far more experiences.

Some of those people opened them up to experimental music. Things with no real commercial success or for that matter, no real commercial polish. The type of ******* music arty young nerds make for a handful of other arty nerds.

So they have all the time they want. They have bags of cash to throw at problems, so they can hire experts and such. They also have a need to prove to those models or artists, that they're the real thing. That they're artists, not just blue collar pop stars.

• 10 months ago

Tyey had travelled and gotten blazted

and quit writing for the teen market

but went more eclectic.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Carson
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

In a nut shell.

They stopped touring and Brian Epstein died.

The early stuff was more American because that's where blues, rock and roll came from.

1966 they started experimenting with recording and the 8 track recorder came into Abby Road. Without Brian the studio was looser. They smoked pot. I think, collectively done LSD once or twice, but smoked a lot of pot.

• Jake
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

I agree with you. Although I did prefer the early Beatles American style.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

thats when they started doing ALOT OF L.S.D

• 10 months ago

drugs and money

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.