Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 8 months ago

Does my boss seem like a d i c k?

I work in meat section in a grocery store and my boss likes having the sinks clean as always but it was so clogged up i tried my best to clear it out i ask my boss for help and he was helping me but it still was taking over 45 minutes. i asked him what we should do if it doesn't stop clogging. he offended me by saying "then you know what? you can stay here, all night until the clogging is gone." i took that very negatively but does my boss seem like a ****? how would you feel if he said that to you?

Wouldn't that be illegal leaving an employee in a store all night?

Favorite Answer

Your boss needs anger management classes... Tell his boss what happened to you..

• Sunday Crone

Sorry but is appears SSL has not idea what ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES involves or the purpose of them

It's not normal for sinks in a food preparation area to get clogged up often, especially in a way that's hard to un-clog.

Are you the only person who uses those sinks, or are they used by a number of others as well? In either case, I think your boss should call a meeting and mention that clogged-up sinks are a real problem. He should review what can and can't be expected to go down those sink drains. They're not like sewer drains that can take large items!

It's amazing what people think they can dispose of down sinks and toilets. In an apartment house where we live, the maintenance guy was called to deal with a blocked bathroom sink drain. He had to take the pipes apart, and when he did, he found dozens of little hearing aid batteries.

Of course he didn't mean you would actually have to stay all night. He was just feeling irritable because you couldn't handle the problem yourself and kept asking him questions that didn't help the situation.

i think so, he sounds very rude

• polly

Yes,but he was trying to get the point across to you of how absolutely important it is to keep the sinks unclogged.

You're taking things your boss says too literally.

You know deep down that it's unrealistic of you needing all night to unblock the drains.