art

Who is the little girl in the tainted love music video?

I recently saw the original music video of “tainted love” by soft cell – I have never seen that version before, it turns out that soft cell released the song twice - once in 1982 and then again in 1991 with a different video I get most of the meaning in the video, the Greek ruler has found out that his wife has been cheating on him with the black slave in the background and she has produced a half-caste coloured child and his love for his wife has been left tainted. I don’t understand why he is singing the song to the child instead of his wife, or what the cricket guy was supposed to be, or the cricket ball or even the piranha fish or why the cricketer has got a slash on his face. What I have also been trying to find out is who the pretty little girl really is and what has happened to her as she will be all grown up now, I have had a quick search but I have found no mention of her real name

Favorite Answer
  • art

no - Eileen Daly was 16 at the time and was playing the part of Marc Almonds wife, the little girl that I was talking about was only about 6