Astra van cdti 1.7 cdti brake cylinder?

Hi, I was changing my brake shoes on my vauxhall astra van cdti 1.7 and as I was removing the hub, one of the pistons from the brake cylinder came away, I managed to push it back in including the spring and went for a drive, I came back and removed the wheel just to inspect it to make sure it wasn t leaking at all, all seemed fine and I ve checked the fluid to make sure it hasn t gone down! What I m just thinking about is, does the pistons come out easy enough and go back in or is it wanting a new cylinder? Cheers

• Geo
    Best Answer

The only thing that holds the piston in is the Boot that also holds the Slotted Rod. If the brakes work good and it's not leaking you're good to go. It would have been a good time to Flush the rear brake lines.

If you managed to bleed all the air out and have a good pedal I wouldn't worry about it unless the caliper starts leaking around the piston.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

maybe you should get a mechanic to take a look at it