Is there anything in the bible outside of Psalm 119 bout God's word giving you strength?

Today I was depressed and weary and I was also depressed last night.

To heal my depression last night - I CHEATED like cray on my diet

I ate 7 cups of pasta and I had an ice cream cone

I was too upset to show my face in public

And then reading and studying God's word gave me the confidence and courage to not care if people didn't like me and I found the strength and the power I needed to appear outside in public again

Favorite Answer

25 Scripture Quotes About Courage

1 Chronicles 28:20

David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished.1 (Chronicles 28:20)

1 Corinthians 15:58

Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:58)

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the presence of all Israel, “Be strong and courageous, for you must go with this people into the land that the LORD swore to their ancestors to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance. The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” (Deuteronomy 31:6-8)

Ephesians 6:10

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. (Ephesians 6:10)

Isaiah 54:4

“Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood. (Isaiah 54:4)

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

Psalm 27:1

The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)

Psalm 56:3-4

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise— in God, I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? (Psalm 56:3-4)

2 Timothy 1:7

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)

Joshua 1:9-11

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” So Joshua ordered the officers of the people: “Go through the camp and tell the people, ‘Get your provisions ready. Three days from now you will cross the Jordan here to go in and take possession of the land the LORD your God is giving you for your own.’ ” (Joshua 1:9-11)

Isaiah 41:10-13

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. “All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all. For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:10-13)

1 Corinthians 16:13

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Psalm 27:14

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. (Psalm 27:14)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Psalm 23:1-4

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (Psalm 23:1-4)

Mark 5:36

Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.” (Mark 5:36)

Philippians 1:28

Without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved—and that by God. (Philippians 1:28)

Psalm 112:7

They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD. (Psalm 112:7)

Joshua 1:6

Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them. (Joshua 1:6)

Psalm 31:24

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. (Psalm 31:24)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bible verses related to Strength from the King James Version (KJV)

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Isaiah 41:10 - Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Deuteronomy 20:4 - For the LORD your God [is] he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 - And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Isaiah 40:31 - But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Matthew 11:28 - Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Psalms 31:24 - Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Exodus 15:2 - The LORD [is] my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he [is] my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

1 Corinthians 16:13 - Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

By reciting the rosary each day with care, a person can better know the true meanings of Bible verses.

Phillipians 4:13

The word "strength" is found 316 times in the Bible, and 78 times in the Psalms alone.

yes he does alot more then now

I just crapped my pants

• Sean

You could always go to blueletterbible and type in the search bar for strength. It will give you all the verses that have that word in them. Also, just keep in mind that sometimes in the bible, the Jews celebrated things. They would feast, and sometimes they would fast. You right now are on a diet, and you fell off it. Okay? So what are you going to do about it? Are you going to beat yourself up and feel like a failure? That's not the case! You've eaten so long on your diet and you enjoyed yourself one night. That's not bad at all. Today, maybe work out a bit more to compensate.

Do you know that if you exercise after you eat, you can help build up your metabolism? I'm not sure if you are experiencing a weight issue, but if so, it could assist you so that you can conquer over this reason you are dieting. If you are diabetic, just make sure your sugar levels are within reason. Some people in India don't care to monitor their sugar levels. In the hospital, we would give insulin rapidly if people's sugar levels reached up around 200. Well in India, people will be up in the 900s. That's just irresponsible. What you did was responsible, and you had a minor enjoyment of life. I don't see a problem here.

"Is there anything in the BuyBull..."

...that isn't filthy?

Even the followers cannot live their own values, but they sure enjoy

cloaking themselves in christ's name while they choose, every day,

to ignore more of his teachings and expectations for them.

========================

"I CHEATED like cray..."

Cray? What are you - 5 years old??

Oh wait, you're "breakthrough" the unhinged psyche-case...

another whacko BuyBull believer, living in Mental Town.

Only people that DO Beleive in GOD can feel LOVE!

Atheists cannot feel anymore than each of their own LUST, for just their own wants.

• 10 months agoReport

GEESE WERE ABOVE - posting as a Blue Face coward again!!