Why would an eBay seller prefer no feedback (Bad or Good)?

The eBay listing says "...Please do not post any feedback. If you are unhappy with anything, just let me know and I absolutely guarantee to remedy the situation by replacement or refund. If you are happy with the transaction - I’m happy, too! NO FEEDBACK, PLEASE. I'm not trying to avoid bad feedback...I would rather not have any GOOD FEEDBACK, either. Just none at all. If you receive a feedback prod, just please DELETE IT. I have been told it is best to stay clear out of the imbalanced feedback game, since it is very imbalanced and manipulative"...

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

What is he selling?

Sometimes sellers selling something illegal do not want a record of it.

(Like stolen log in passwords for Sling TV or something)

Also, prospective buyers can see what items sold for in the past. (Going back maybe a year)

I would not pay any attention to a seller saying that.

I typically leave feedback just because its important for others to know the person was trustworthy.

• 1 year ago

Bad feedback can cause eBay to penalize sellers financially. eBay took a turn for the worse when they stopped allowing sellers to leave negative feedback for bad buyers. They only allow strikes against buyers who don't pay, but buyers can be terrible in a number of other ways, and a seller can't make that known. But a buyer can say anything about a seller.

So good sellers know they will get some good feedback and they don't worry about the numbers. They try to avoid bad feedback, and so they ask buyers to please contact them first, to see if they can correct whatever the problem is.

1 year ago

He said his reason at the end of his words... but there's a chance he just doesn't want bad feedbacks to damage his reputation (just assuming).