Is it rude that I'm telling guests they have to bring a gift to my wedding?

I don't think it is, but my future SIL says that I'm demanding too much. My fiancé and I are spending in total 25k on this wedding nearly half our total savings together. I just told everyone that a gift is mandatory. Whether that gift be something big or small EVERYONE over the age of 18 has to bring... show more I don't think it is, but my future SIL says that I'm demanding too much.

My fiancé and I are spending in total 25k on this wedding nearly half our total savings together. I just told everyone that a gift is mandatory. Whether that gift be something big or small EVERYONE over the age of 18 has to bring something. Now I have friends and family angry at me stating that I'm being "rude" or "Greedy"
Does it sound that way?
Update: I'm not asking anyone to pay, I just want something. The gift doesn't have to be a microwave or a stove. Socks are great too! Snacks, anything! I don't think that's a lot to ask from people who are getting to be in an EXPENSIVE ballroom for FREE, eat expensive catered food for FREE with an expensive... show more I'm not asking anyone to pay, I just want something. The gift doesn't have to be a microwave or a stove. Socks are great too! Snacks, anything! I don't think that's a lot to ask from people who are getting to be in an EXPENSIVE ballroom for FREE, eat expensive catered food for FREE with an expensive DJ playing songs THEY recommend.
Update 2: You guys are overstating this, I'm not demanding I'm asking. If someone doesn't bring something I won't kick them out lol. But ofc if you don't go with regular wedding "norms" here you're always the bad guy. It's 2019 not 1980, come on.